Monday, February 22, 2010

Busy Bee

For the last week or so, I've been following what seems to be my new routine and it's been keeping me busy. Here are a few highlights from the past week or so.

1) I get around.....on a bike!!! It's a folding one just like I wanted so that I can lift it more easily when I get back home to our 3rd floor apartment (no elevators). With the super low bar, I can also wear dresses and skirts with it, which means I use it at night when meeting up with friends for drinks. I need a name for it so if you have any suggestions, send them my way.


2) Mardi Gras is on it's way and we have been getting ready for it at work by working on a new cupcake. In honour of the traditional Mardi Gras (New Orleans style), the cupcakes have praline hazelnuts and pecans inside and in honour of Pride, we made an icing that mutlicoloured. It was a lot of work, so if we run out, I have a feeling Buppa will not want to make a second batch so come taste them while you can.


3) Dinner with friends. Whether it's at our place, or somewhere else, we have dinner with friends and family about 2-3 times a week. The highlight of the week would be the Saturday night dinner when we went for Thai in Newtown. In the world of Oz, you can rbing your own beer or wine (BYO) at most restaurants and so on our way there, we stopped at the Bottle-O and we found this:
The price for ONE bottle........$17 !!!!! I know - that's a whole case back home. We bought it anyways and shared with everyone. Around the table, there was Tiff and Marc (to the left), my boyfriend and Simon (to the right), and me (taking the picture).

4) And last...escaping the cube. As part of my new year resolution, I wanted to try out different jobs and this weekend, I was a volunteered at Tropfest, the biggest international short film festival. The volunteer experience was so-so, but I made new friends, took my picture on the "red carpet" and got to hang-put in the VIP tent (Elijah Wood, aka Frodo was there). There were many celebrities at the event, but being new to Australia, and not having a television to watch the current shows everyone watches here, I did not recognize many people at all. Maybe next time?

What's on the menu for me this week? Normal work, new exhibition launch at an art gallery, biking, running, and getting more serious about freelance writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment