Thursday, February 11, 2010

I like my sushi raw

Last night, Rowan and I went for a late sushi dinner not too far from our house at a place called Sushi Suma. I've been told about this place so many times (and confused it for another one called Jazzushi where they sometimes have jazz bands playing while you eat) but we had yet to go because the mission was to go with Rowan's friend Dave.




Dave being available last night, I finally discovered why Sushi Suma is one of the only 2 places where Rowan will go for sushi. Personally, I am a fan of the $3 cheap sushi rolls you can get in the malls, but Rowan is a bit pickier about his sushi, and I am happy to let him pick because he does know the best places for sushi.

After a long day of sifting sugar and flour, mixing cakes, pies, cutting up apples and making shortbread cookies, I was ready for a meal of fresh raw fish. Last night's sushi was so delicious. See for yourself:

Sashimi was only one of the things we tasted. There was also miso soup, rolls, tempura prawns and veggies and appetizers I can only describe as a mix of noodles in a lime-y sauce and a deep fried piece of tofu. The best part of it, was that at the end, when we were full of fish, the bill for 3 people was about the same it would have been in Ottawa per person. I always loved sushi, but high quality sushi for a decent price wins me over.

Would anyone be in for dinner at Sushi Suma?


5 comments:

  1. yes i would definitely be in, if for as cheap you can find me a plane ticket.

    l'autre soir à la maison maman et moi avons fait du sushi pour le souper du dimanche. on avait aussi des dumplings, de la soupe miso et des brochette de poulet teriyaki, c'était délicieux!

    est-ce que tu peux aussi nous envoyer des treats que tu fais au boulot par la poste?

    :)

    j'espère que tu vas bien!

    claude xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious MP!!

    I'm glad you are having such a good time, and it's great to see your apartment too!

    I'd love to see some pictures of the tasty treats you bake too! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hier après-midi j'ai revu Dave, l'ami de Rowan avec qui on est allé manger, et il m'a dit que lui aussi avait déjà envie de retourner!! Viens me voir quand c'est l'hiver ici (les billets d'avion sont moins cher).

    Natalie, pictures of the treats will be coming soon. I'm gathering a small collection of the best things right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh, This makes me want to fly to Sydney just for the fish

    ReplyDelete