Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will work for cake

I've told a few people about my new job, but left it a little vague because I wanted to make sure I liked it and that my boss would like me. I think it's time to let you all know where I work.

I've manage to stay away from the cube (my resolution for 2010 - spending a year away from office work), and did a complete change of career by becoming a baker. Have a look at my new "office":



I'm still only a beginner at this, but am making good progress. I can now do few recipes all on my own, and if you come by and get yourself a bagel, they are most likely all made by me. This week only, we made red velet cupcakes, carrot cakes, chocolate peanut butter pies, chocolate bar pies, apple pies, cherry pies, cheesecakes, key lime pies, cookies and brownies. For some of those recipes, I can do them from start to finish, for others, I do parts of it and B completes them, and for the special ones, B is the only person on earth who knows the recipe.

It feels really good to be happy to go to work, and to like what I'm doing (even if it involves doing the dishes and mopping the floors). I'm also really enjoying working with B and getting to know some the regulars. Being able to have friends visit during my working hours is also a great plus from being in a bakery/coffee shop.

Oh! and the cakes....I don't think they need explanations. They are simply delicious (I'm even liking the peanut butter one the best so far) and I wish you could all taste them. Maybe when you'll come visit?

3 comments:

  1. what ?? you like the peanut butter one? that's crazy.

    i'm jealous. glad you like your work :) can you send some cookies in the mail?

    joyeuse saint-valentin! je t'aime xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter chocolate pie....mmmmm......tu aimerais sûrement ça toi aussi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! It looks delicious!
    I'm glad you are sticking to your resolution of trying something new (and staying out of the office).

    Are you catching any of the Olympics from there?? Pretty big time difference, but we've had a few successes so far! Stéphane is excited for hockey ... and lucky for me, it can play in the background while I'm at work since the House of Commons isn't in session ...

    Enjoy!
    Happy Valentine's too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete